ALLGEMEINE BEDINGUNGEN UND BESTIMMUNGEN
- Bitcoin Store is the brand name of Digital Assets d.o.o., Hrvatske mornarice 1/C, 21000 Split, Croatia, PIN: 37096783668, registered at the Commercial Court in Split under reg. No.: 060297216
- Digital Assets d.o.o. has received an operating license from the Croatian Financial Services Supervisory Agency (HANFA).
- Prior to using the Bitcoin Store platform, users are required to get acquainted with the General Terms and Conditions of the Bitcoin Store (hereinafter: Terms).
- The Terms constitute a business relationship agreement between the users of the platform (hereinafter: you, your, yours) and the service provider Digital Assets d.o.o. (hereinafter: Digital Assets, we, us, ours).
- The Terms govern the business relationship, responsibilities, access to, and use of the Platform and of all our services.
Meaning of terms used in these Terms:
User is any natural or legal person who uses our services through Bitcoin Store branches, websites or mobile application.
Registered user is a natural or legal person who has an open Bitcoin Store account.
Bitcoin Store Platform (hereinafter: Platform) is a cryptocurrency trading service provided by our websites www.bitcoin-store.hr, www.bitcoin-store.net, and the Bitcoin Store Wallet mobile application.
Cryptocurrencies are virtual assets based on cryptography and blockchain technology. They are issued in digital form and can be used for trade, investing in companies and their products, as a method of payment or a form of savings.
Transaction is considered to be any receipt, expenditure, transfer from one account to another, exchange, safekeeping, disposal, and other type of money handling within the Bitcoin Store Wallet.
User account (hereinafter: Account) opened through our Platform is used to manage and execute transactions through the Bitcoin Store Wallet, as well as to view your profile.
Bitcoin Store Wallet (hereinafter: Wallet) is a digital wallet that serves to securely store cryptocurrencies, to deposit and withdraw funds (HRK or EUR) to your user account, it allows receiving and sending cryptocurrencies from or to other wallets, and monitoring the status of your investments in real time.
- Meaning of terms used in these Terms:
- By accessing our Platform or using our services, you consent to fully understand and accept all items of the Terms and Related Policies. With your consent, a business relationship contract shall be concluded with Digital Assets.
- If you do not agree with any of the items of the Terms and Related Policies, you may not access or use our Platform.
- Digital Assets may change any item of the Terms and Related Policies without particular notice and at any time.
- The business relationship contract between the user and Digital Assets is concluded for an indefinite period of time. The business relationship shall be terminated by the termination of one of the contracting parties.
Digital Assets has the right to terminate the contract with the
user at any time by sending a notice to the user’s email address,
- the user has violated the essential provisions of these Terms,
- the user has concealed the material facts,
- the user has been using the account illegally,
- there has been a proven suspicion that the user has committed a criminal offense or violated the provisions on the prevention of money laundering, or
- persistent security suspicion or legal reasons have been established.
- When the termination of the Contract takes effect, your Account shall be blocked, and Digital Assets shall pay you the amount held in the Account at the time of blocking, net of any claims against us.
- The user has the right to terminate the contract with Digital Assets at any time by deleting the Account.
You can delete the Account and all personal data by accessing our
website and logging in to your Account, and by accessing the
Personal Data option. You may also send a request for deletion to
our personal data processing officer to the email address
Note: It will not be possible to reactivate the account.
- By opening an Account, you confirm that you are a legal adult.
- The user may open only one Account which must be in their name, and the funds may be stored in HRK or EUR.
- We open accounts only for those users who are residents of the EU and the SEPA zone. Supported countries are: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Croatia, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Hungary, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, Germany, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the Vatican and Great Britain.
- The funds stored on the Account belong exclusively to the person who opened the Account (user).
- You are responsible for the maintenance and confidentiality of the data related to the Account, as well as passwords and restrictions on access to your mobile device and/or personal computer, and you accept the responsibility for all activities within the Account.
- You agree not to share your user email address and password with third parties, or allow them to use your Account.
- We reserve the right to refuse to open an Account if the user does not meet the requirements for the user status, if during registration there is a suspicion concerning the correctness of the user’s personal data or indications of misuse of our services.
- You agree that we may terminate your access to our services at any time if it is an activity that is contrary to the business activities of Digital Assets.
Upon successful activation of the Account, you will receive an
email with the option to verify the Account.
Note: Every user whose transaction is higher than HRK 750 must perform the verification procedure.
- In order to successfully verify the account, you need to have a valid identification document (identity card, passport or driver’s license), and a mobile device/personal computer with camera access (your selfie).
- Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to create an Account or use our services.
- The user is obliged to ensure that their personal data is updated and correct at all times. It is your obligation to notify us of any change in personal data/identification document.
- The user is solely responsible for submitting their personal data and documents.
- Digital Assets is not responsible in the event of any action that resulted in the unauthorized use of the user’s identity.
- Upon successful activation of the Account, you will receive an email with the option to verify the Account.
TRANSACTIONS OF FUNDS
- Supported ways to transfer funds to/from your Wallet are internet or mobile banking, bank transfer, general payment slip, or cash in our branches. Funds may also be transferred via Transferwise and Revolut. In this case, it is mandatory to enter the “Reference Number” in the Reference field.
Payments can take up to one (1) business day, although it usually
takes up to approximately three (3) hours to receive your payment
(depending on your bank).
Note: the minimum amount of the transaction is HRK 250.
- Digital Assets is in no way responsible for non-execution of the order or delay in the execution of an incorrectly given payment order, or in the event that the given order is not approved by the payment system.
- We consider a transaction to be authorized if it was made from your Walett or bank account. We are not responsible for the unauthorized use of your Wallet or bank account.
- Digital Assets is unable to suspend any transaction that is subject to unauthorized use.
- Digital Assets may ask you for a payment confirmation in order to determine all of the details related to the course of the transaction.
- We reserve the right to refuse a transaction if it does not comply with these Terms due to legal or other reasons ordered by the competent authority. Rejecting a transaction implies that we have never received it.
- We reserve the right to suspend the service to the user if there is any suspicion that the funds have been obtained illegally.
- The user is aware that cryptocurrency transfers are non-refundable.
Digital Assets is unable to cancel or revoke a transfer if it has
been sent to an incorrect deposit address.
Note: For transfers of cryptocurrencies to personal wallets, you are obliged to pay a disbursement commission that will be displayed to you in the process.
- The speed of payment/withdrawal of cryptocurrencies depends on the blockchain networks through which cryptocurrencies are transferred, as well as the saturation of said networks and the type of wallets from which they are sent. Digital Assets is not responsible for any delay in the payment/withdrawal of cryptocurrencies.
- After a successful purchase/sale, a confirmation of purchase/sale will be sent to your email address in a PDF format. It is your responsibility to have the correct email address at all times, and you are required to notify us if there have been any changes.
- Digital Assets does not charge a fee for opening or closing a user account, nor does it charge a fee when buying/selling cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies are bought/sold exclusively at their buying/selling exchange rate.
- The exchange rate for buying/selling cryptocurrencies is displayed during the buying/selling process. The Bitcoin Store exchange rate may differ by 0.5%-5% compared to the exchange rates of world stock exchanges. In case of a sale, the amount is paid to you exclusively in HRK, and the average exchange rate of the Croatian National Bank is applied for conversions into EUR.
- By accepting these Terms, you confirm your understanding of the exchange rate and awareness that the exchange rate is updated every second and may change when placing an order, depending on global trends.
- Digital Assets is not responsible for the exchange rate change, nor for the transfer of the cryptocurrency at the time of the change.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- You shall use our Platform solely at your own risk.
- Digital Assets does not guarantee that our Platform will be uninterrupted or without any inconvenience.
- We reserve the right to change the functions within the Platform, as well as to terminate them or disable access to and execution of transactions at any time and without prior notice.
- Our services may also be unavailable due to regular system maintenance (of which you will be notified), or in the event of unexpected circumstances that we will try to resolve as soon as possible.
- This statement of responsibility applies to any damage or injury caused by errors, interruptions, delays in the operation or transmission of data, computer viruses, internet crashes, or any other action or force majeure.
- The collected data are in electronic form and protected by an SSL certificate which encrypts personal data, and thus ensures that communication between users and our Platform takes place via a secure protocol.
- We take data protection seriously and take appropriate technical and organizational precautions and testing measures in order to protect personal data and to prevent the loss, misuse, destruction, disclosure, unauthorized access, or modification of personal data.
- We aim to ensure maximum security of personal data protection through security measures such as two-factor authentication of passwords when accessing the user account, by monitoring user activities etc.
- Using the integrated method of protection, we ensure that the personal data of our users are not automatically available to other individuals, but that only the data necessary for the purposes of processing are being processed.
- The user undertakes not to open, forward and reply to emails, attachments and links received by suspicious senders. The user is aware that all of our emails end with @bitcoin-store.hr, @e.bitcoin-store.hr, @e.bitcoin-store.net, @email.bitcoin-store.hr, and @email.bitcoin-store.net.
- Unfortunately, due to the nature of our business and despite all of the security measures, we cannot guarantee a 100% protection of any information or funds collected. In no event shall we be liable for any loss, unauthorized use or damage caused by a third party receiving such information or funds.
- We disclaim any liability arising from hacker attacks, computer viruses, and unauthorized use by unauthorized persons.
- It is the user’s responsibility to frequently update the antivirus programs and applications on your mobile device or personal computer.
- It is your exclusive responsibility to connect devices to Wi-Fi networks that must be reliable and secure.
- Digital Assets is not responsible for any costs you incur using a mobile device or personal computer in order to access our Platform (e.g. data traffic cost, mobile phone cost etc.).
- By accepting these Terms, the user confirms that they are aware that trading cryptocurrencies is subject to great risk due to the drastic increase of decrease of their value at any time.
- Digital Assets disclaims any liability due to the consequences of a decision or missed opportunity.
The user acknowledges that they are aware of all potential risks
that may cause their virtual assets to be lost, such as the loss
of a password or other security codes.
Digital Assets will never ask you for any password, nor will it ask you to transfer any funds to any account!
Digital Assets does not bear any responsibility towards the user
in cases of loss of funds if the loss:
- has been caused by misrepresentation or falling for scams caused by a third party, or execution of a transaction without your consent,
- has been caused by an intentional or accidental error of the user when executing the transaction (e.g. when making a payment, withdrawing funds, or transferring cryptocurrencies to another wallet),
- has arisen from cryptocurrency trading, i.e. as a result of an unfavorable price difference that may lead to a partial or complete loss,
- has been caused by unauthorized use of your Account.
- Cryptocurrency may become worthless or illiquid and, as such, Digital Assets may remove it from the offer.
- As a user of our services, you are responsible for the maintenance and confidentiality of the data related to your user account, as well as passwords and restrictions on access to your mobile device or personal computer, and you accept responsibility for all activities within your user account.
- The user is obliged to take all protective measures in order to prevent the loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized use of their account.
- The user is obliged to notify Digital Assets without delay of the loss, theft, misuse, or unauthorized use of personal data or unauthorized payments made through their account.
- The user acknowledges that they will not use the Platform and services for any purposes that are illegal, unethical, or contrary to these Terms.
- You agree to indemnify Digital Assets and all affiliated companies and individuals resulting from your violation of these Terms.
- The user acknowledges that they will not use our Platform in order to spread viruses or other tools that would intentionally cause damage to our computer system and all activities related to it.
- The entire content of the Platform such as the name, texts, graphics, photographs, and the total source code of the website are the property of Digital Assets. Copying, reselling, issuing and/or modifying any part of the Platform without the consent of the company Digital Assets is strictly prohibited.
- Cryptocurrency tax rules may vary depending on the laws of the country of which our user is a resident.
- The user is solely responsible for the execution of their transactions, and thus for the amount of tax to be determined by the tax authority in the state of residence.
- Digital Assets is not a tax consulting company and, as such, is not authorized to provide financial or tax advice.
SUBMISSION OF COMPLAINTS
We enable the submission of a written complaint by mail to the
above-stated address of the company’s headquarters and via email:
Note: If you send the request by email, it is mandatory to use the same email address that is registered in your user profile.
- We will acknowledge the receipt of the complaint and respond to it within the legal deadline of one month from the date of receipt of the complaint.
- Response time may be extended for complex or multiple requests, and you shall be notified of such extension.
- We enable the submission of a written complaint by mail to the above-stated address of the company’s headquarters and via email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- This Terms of Service shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of the Republic of Croatia. In case of a dispute, parties shall solve disputes in Split Commercial Court.
- The European Commission, through the European Online Dispute Resolution platform, provides access to efficient online dispute resolution and provides a safer and fairer online service. You can access the platform via the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/odr
AMENDMENTS TO THE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Digital Assets reserves the right to modify any part of the Platform, as well as these Terms and its integral parts, and shall not be liable for any consequences arising from such modifications.
- It is your responsibility to refer to the Terms and Related Policies each time you access our Platform.
- The Terms shall enter into force at the moment of their publication on our Platform.
- These amended Terms shall enter into force on October 18, 2021, and replace the General Terms and Conditions that have been applicable prior to that date.